- About Us
- Students & Parents
- Contact Us
The programs and forms listed below are optional to your student.
The Nevada Joint Union High School District participates in the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs. If you now receive food stamps, CalWORKS, Kin-GAP or the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, or if you income meet the eligibility guidelines (outlined below), you student may receive free meals.
Each year districts conduct a survey to identify American Indian students attending our county public schools. This survey determines the amount of federal funding our Indian Education program will receive. If your student is of American Indian descent, please take a few moments to complete the form below. Your student will automatically be enrolled in the program when you complete the return this form to your school. The program is coordinated by the Nevada County Superintendent of Schools Office. Contact Melissa Marcum at 478-6400.
The district, in cooperation with the California Department of Health Services, participatein the Medi-Cal Billing Option Program which provides school district with additional federal Medicaid funds for selected student health services. Parental consent must be obtained before the District can submit Medi-Cal claims. This is a one-time consent that can be revoked by the parent at any time. This is often obtained as part of the Individualized Education Program (IEP) process or you may complete the form below. The parent will never pay a fee for health services nor will school health services currently provided to all students be changed by your response or lack of response.
If you student requires medications during the school day, you must complete this form, including a physician's signature and return it to the school nurse.
- Identification and Education under Section 504 (PDF - 231 KB)
- Indian Education Enrollment Form (PDF - 16 KB)
- Las comidas gratis o a precios reducidos (PDF - 70 KB)
- LEA Medi-Cal Billing option (PDF - 72 KB)
- Message from the Nurse (DOC - 26 KB)
- National School Lunch Program Letter to Households & Application
- Optional Signature Page This form is used to deny directory information to ALL organizations, or to NOT participate in sex education or request information on pesticides. Please be aware that if you deny the release of all directory information you will not be able to participate on a sports team.
- Optional Signature Page-Deny Directory Info to Military (Deny information to the military ONLY).
- Restroom Maintenance Complaint Form Page 1 (PDF - 73 KB)
- Restroom Maintenance Complaint Form Page 2 (PDF - 80 KB)
- pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (Version 7 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.
- doc file: You need the Microsoft Word program, a free Microsoft Word viewer, or a program that can import Word files in order to view this file. To learn more about the free Microsoft Word Viewer, visit the Microsoft Word website.
This one page form allows you, at your option, to restrict the release of your student's directory information to all organizations, to request that your student NOT participate in health, family life, or sex education instruction or to request you be notified about any pesticide applications at school.
If you ONLY want to deny access of your student directory information to the military there is a separate signature page for that purpose.